The origin of the true steak tartar is uncertain. In fact, there are versions for all tastes. There are those who attribute the authorship of this dish, in whose preparation predominated the raw macerated minced meat, to the riders of Mongolia, known as Tartars.
- Finely chop the meat using a knife preferably cold, then keep it refrigerated until the time of assembly.
- Finely chop the shallots, capers and pickles, place them separately and set aside.
- Using a few rods, mis the mayonnaise with the mustard and emulsify it until you get a creamy texture.
- At the time of assembly, mix the vegetables with the meat and add the emulsion. Add salt and pepper.
- Then use a round or square mold and with the help of a spoon, fill the mold with the mixture.
- To finish, unmold and place the egg yolk on the meat and sprinkle with finely chopped chives.
– The big secret of the Chef, is to take the separate ingredients and mix them just before serving, that way you will be like a professional.-