In this opportunity we want to share a classic recipe of familiar and traditional history from Basque gastronomy. Even though is a very versatile recipe, the most common way is done with Cod (Bacalao). Homemade, delicious and very easy to make, so we hope you enjoy it.
iNGREDIENTS (4 servings)
4 Cod Loins (200 grams each)
Olive oil to confit
1 garlic clove
1 bay leaf
Grams of Pepper
20 ml olive oil 20 grm ham bacon
1/2 cooked egg yolk 2 garlic cloves emince
100 grm onion emince 1 tsp of ñora pulp or chorizo pepper
200 grm of crushed tomato Salt and pepper
1 bay leaf 1 tsp sugar
1 tsp of Smoke paprika 100 ml of Fish Broth
100 gr of peas 50 gr of fresh onion
4 slices of Iberian ham
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the bacon along with the sliced garlic (emince), then add the onion in emince and brown it over medium heat, then add the smoke paprika and the pulp of ñora or chorizo pepper sauté all together.
- Cook eggs and reserve the yolks.
- Add the sifted tomato, the Laurel leaf and evaporate the vegetation water, remove the bay leaf and add the crumbled egg yolk, rectify salt, pepper and sugar.
- Grind everything in the very thin cheese mixture, add the fish stock and return to the fire to cook for a few minutes to integrate all the flavors, remove from heat and strain to get a clean and fine preparation, reserve.
- For crispy Iberian ham, place them between two sheets of waxed paper and between two flat plates, place them in the microwave with some weight on top and cook 2 minutes, then remove them and let them cool to make sure they are crispy, if they are not try 30 more seconds and let cool, repeat until they are crispy without burning.
- In a deep pan, place a good amount of oil, enough to cover the cod loins, add the garlic, the bay leaf and the grams of pepper. Infuse on very gentle heat (80 degrees Celsius), when trying with your finger do not burn or in an electric stove in 2 and a half and perfuming the oil, then add the loins and cook with the skin up for about 15 minutes, remove from the fire without being fully cooked, reserve.
- In a pan heat oil and sauté the peas for 2 minutes with a little salt and pepper, then remove from heat to avoid losing color and brightness.
In a dish, preferably deep dish, serve a generous portion of sauce and place the loin of cod in the center with the skin upwards, then place the peas harmoniously around it and over the sauce. To finish, crown the crispy ham slices and the fresh onion finely cut to give the effect of freshness.
It can be accompanied with a bed of some creamy puree over the sauce or with a boiled egg at low temperature. Also with a whole onion chopped to quarters and browned in a pan.
PERSONALITY PAIRING THAT ENHANCES THE DISH
• The harvest is selected by hand; with a limited production that gives more concentrated grapes and with more descriptors aromatics, to protect the quality of the best strains of Chardonay.
• Cold maceration helps to extract the terpenic aromas, that after spending time in Allier oak barrels as a result a very interesting wine that will enhance any plate with a touch of vanilla very nice.
• On the palate it is broad; since the fine lees of fermentation. They provide mouth, unctuous, mannoproteins, carbohydrates, etc.
• Silky and balanced because micro-oxygenation makes larger and more complex molecules, softens the tannins and softens the acidity, to clean the mouth and makes us to continue tasting the dish and the drink.