GARLIC MUSHROOMS – AJILLO
Around Spain cook with garlic or Ajillo sauce is very popular.
In this context there are many Mediterranean recipes and products cooked and served in a lot of bars and restaurants.
GARLIC SAUCE HISTORY – AJILLO
To cook something with garlic is simply to use a very easy and simple seasoning, only need garlic, olive oil and parsley.
With these simple ingredients and very low cost, all kinds of vegetables like Mushroms, sauces, meats, fish and seafood are prepared.
In this opportunity I want to share this recipe for my vegetarian families using Mushrooms, just following the same process you can cook almost any food.
Like other traditional Spanish dishes, ajillos are served as tapas, starters or as a main dish if requested by the client.
In most cases the garlics are cooked with a light spicy touch using cayenne pepper and white wine to make it more tasty.
It is usually served in earthenware casseroles that arrive at the table very bright and even bubbly accompanied with slices of bread.
I can not forget to tell you, the ingredients can be crushed in a blender and kept in the fridge inside a glass container, so you can use it whenever you want.
Without further delay I share the recipe and do not forget to accompany it also with a cold beer. Bon apetit
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Olive Oil 150 ml
Garlics 3 unids
Parsley 100 grm
Salt and pepper White wine 50 ml Cayenne Pepper 1 und (Optional)
Mushrooms, Prawns, Fish, Srhimps, Chiken, Rabbit
- First you have to peel the garlic, open in two halves and remove the root or heart.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and cut the edges lightly.
- Clean any dirt and sand.
- From the inside of the mushrooms and with the help of a small knife, remove the skin of each one. If you do not want to peel it is not necessary.
- Cut mushrooms in quarters and reserved.
- Continue washing the Parsley very well and dry it with a paper towel.
- Garlic, parsley, salt and pepper are added into the blender glass.
- The next step is add the content of olive oil.
- To finish, blend everything until you get a green oil and something lumpy.
- Reserved for the time of cooking the mushrooms
- Place 4 to 5 tablespoons of garlic oil and heat very well in a pan.
- Then add the sliced Mushrooms in quarters and stir fry until the mushrooms absorb some of the oil.
- Add the cayenne pepper if you want spicy and let cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Immediately and with the fire always high add a generous stream of white wine and cook until you get a sauce or broth.
- Then serve in the earthenware dish or in a hot dish all, even boiling and powder with finely chopped parsley.
- Serve it with slices of bread to soak in the sauce while enjoy the mushrooms.
This procedure is the same for cooking shrimp and prawns.
In case to cook other meats or fish, cook Ajillo in a separate pan and added as a seasoning.
You can also marinate meats and cook as you wish, baked, fried or grilled.
The most important thing is to use the garlic measure that you like the most.
And do not forget the cold beer.